How do you agree to this policy?
By accessing the CARE Plus App you consent to the collection and use of the information you provide in the manner we describe in this policy.
Meanings of terms used
- ‘We’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ refer to Social Plus Support Work Pty. Ltd. (ABN: 15 639 007 677).
- ‘You’ or ‘your’ refer to the user of the CARE Plus App.
- ‘CARE Plus App’ means our software application and the related services that you will be able to access and use once you conclude the registration process.
- ‘Site’ means our website https://socialplussupportwork.com/.
- ‘Personal Information’ has the meaning given to it in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Act). In general terms, it is any information that can be used to personally identify you. This may include (but is not limited to) your name and contact details (including phone numbers and email addresses). If the information we collect personally identifies you, or you are reasonably identifiable from it, the information will be considered Personal Information.
What Personal Information do we collect and hold?
We collect Personal Information about users of the CARE Plus App. The most common types of information we collect are things like your:
- email address;
- telephone number;
- photograph; and
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to use directly through the CARE Plus App or indirectly by using the CARE Plus App.
When do we collect information?
We collect Personal Information when you provide it to us during the registration process and at other times as you use the CARE Plus App or contact us.
We also collect Personal Information when you engage with other users when you access and communicate with them via the CARE Plus App.
We also collect Personal Information from other third party service providers (payment provider account details required to process transaction and web analytics which is generally anonymous information and may not reveal who you are. We only use this information for statistical and website development purposes and to improve our services to you) with which we will interact as we provide services to you.
If you choose not to provide Personal Information, you will not be able to complete the registration process to access and use the CARE Plus App.
How do we use Personal Information?
We will use your Personal Information in order for us to:
- operate the CARE Plus App and provide you with the services accessible through the CARE Plus App, including to verify your identity when you sign in to the CARE Plus App, to facilitate and process transactions that take place on the CARE Plus App, to respond to support requests and to help facilitate the resolution of any disputes;
- customise our services and the CARE Plus App for advertising and other purposes in order to provide you with a more personalised experience;
- update you with operational news and information about our Site and the CARE Plus App including website disruptions or security updates;
- provide you with information that you request from us or, where we have your consent to do so, provide you with marketing information about products and services which we think may interest you;
- carry out technical analysis to determine how to improve the Site and the CARE Plus App;
- monitor activity on the CARE Plus App and Site, including to identify potential fraudulent activity and to ensure compliance with the user terms and conditions that apply to the CARE Plus App;
- manage our relationship with you, responding to your comments or queries submitted to us on the Site or CARE Plus App or asking for your feedback or whether you want to participate in a survey;
- send you information that we think may be of interest to you whether about additional services we are offering or our commercial partners are offering (although you will have the facility to opt out of receiving these communications).
- manage our legal and operational affairs; and/or
- provide general administrative and performance functions and activities.
How do we protect information?
We will take reasonable steps to protect your information from loss, misuse, unauthorised disclosure or destruction, including by means of firewalls, password access, and secure servers.
Among other measures, if you make a request to access your information, we will ask you to verify your identity.
To enable us to meet our obligations under the Act and to ensure the operation of the CARE Plus App, we may need to allow our authorised staff and contractors to access your information. The staff and contractors are required by contract and policies to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
If you suspect any misuse or loss of, or unauthorised access to, your information, please let us know immediately.
When do we give information to third parties?
We will make the information we collect from you available to third parties where it is reasonably necessary to enable us to make the CARE Plus App available to you, when we are required to do so by law or when you give us permission to do so, including when you make payments using the CARE Plus App in accordance with our Terms and Conditions available here: https://www.socialplussupportwork.com/terms-and-conditions/
Storing your information
The CARE Plus App may be maintained in a country that is not Australia (on a temporary or permanent basis).
By accessing the CARE Plus App, you agree to and authorise us giving your Personal Information, in accordance with this policy, to a third party who is not in Australia or a third party who may transfer and store outside Australia your Personal Information (Overseas Recipient).
While we will take reasonable steps to ensure that an Overseas Recipient does not breach the APPs, Overseas Recipients are not bound by the APPs and subclause 8.1 of the APPs does not apply to the disclosure of your Personal Information to an Overseas Recipient. Please note that this is a lower standard of protection than that which would apply if you did not agree to such a disclosure.
How can you access and update your Personal Information?
You can access some of the information that we collect about you by logging in to your account on the CARE Plus App. You also have the right to make a request to access other information we hold about you and to request corrections of any errors in that information. To make an access or correction request, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Will this policy be updated?
We may need to change this policy from time to time to make sure it stays up to date with the latest legal requirements and any changes to our management of privacy. When we do amend the policy, the changes will be effective straight away.
We will take reasonable steps to let you know about any changes made to this policy. We also suggest that you revisit this policy from time to time to see whether changes have been made.
If you continue to use the CARE Plus App after the changes are made, then you will be agreeing to the changes.
How to contact us
We will treat your queries and complaints confidentially.
Our representative will contact you within a reasonable time after receipt of your query or complaint to discuss your concerns and outline options regarding how they may be resolved.
We will aim to ensure that your query or complaint is resolved in a timely and appropriate manner.
You may contact us by:
- email to: email@example.com
- writing to us at:
Unit 1 / 601 Olive Street
Albury, NSW 2640
- phone us on +61 448 889 211
If you have a complaint about our compliance with the Act and we have not resolved your complaint within 30 days’ after you first notified us of your complaint, you can refer your complaint to OAIC by visiting their site www.oaic.gov.au.